Saturday, July 2, 2011

Great afternoon….

Well really it was a great Saturday. I got the house work done before 9 and that included all the laundry. Daddy and I went garage saling and I though we looked and looked the only thing I found I had to bring home was this. It’s dated 1935.

0702111004a

I’ll use it for teaching the kids a bit of this and that plus I love reading the old teaching styles.

Then Jim took me out for a pizza. We came home and had a wonderful 2 hour nap. If felt so good.

Then came the real fun. Mike and I went geo-caching. You know how we also have a blast. Mike and I sign the log books M&M Riley (Mike and Mom) and when we exchange treasures this is what we leave.

0702111712a

These came on a set of Christmas lights and we’ve used up 45 of them now. We are running low so if anyone has these Christmas lights that don’t work any more and want to get rid of the little guys I’ll gladly pay postage if you’d sent them to me.

Mike and I found 5 out of the 6 caches today. Here’s a couple pictures to show you a few things.

100_6885 100_6886

0702111836a 0702111823a

We had a great time.

   100_6881

Here’s what our map looks like now. The X’s are what we’ve found.

Geo caches we've found 1

So that was my day. A great one. Now tomorrow is shopping for next week, mowing the yard for the family reunion and then starting the set up and all for the 4th. It’ll be busy but with a day like today it gave us a chance to relax and enjoy and be ready for it all.

I hope you all have a great weekend and for all of us in the USA, Happy Independence day. Take care and God Bless!!

4 comments:

Shawn said...

My goodness girl, you have more energy than anyone I know! Have a wonderful 4th with your family.

Empty Nester said...

That energy level of yours never quits! Please box some up and send it to me! I love your relationship with your son!

Thanks so much for the comforting comment you left on my post. I really appreciate it.

Baby Sister said...

Sounds like a nice weekend!! Busy and eventful. Very nice.

Of One Heart said...

I love that M&M smiley face!! So cute! Happy Independence day to you. :)

The reunion is going to be so great! Are you wearing your blue wedding dress by any chance??!! It'll be good!