Friday, December 17, 2010

My mama…and this week…

 December 165

December 167

My mama got me this for Christmas. My older mixer died and I use one on a daily basis so she went and got me the bestest Christmas present. Now the story doesn’t end there because …. well if you’re patient good things come to them that wait.

This mixer was usually $259.99, on sale for $199.99 with a $20.00 mail in rebate. So even though that’s quite a bit of money mama felt I needed something that will stand up to everything I do. We went and looked. According to the store ad this mixer wasn’t on sale any more, well it was but for $233.99, not $199.99. Anyways, the little sales clerk didn’t like the way the ad read, neither did the manager so they gave it to us for the ad price of $179.00. We still got the $20.00 rebate too. Then I had a 30% off coupon which was another $50.00 off and then we earned $20.00 in Kohl’s cash. So in the end after the rebate comes back the mixer cost $90.00. A savings of $140.00. YEAH!!!!

I told mama I’d fix her the first thing with the mixer so I did, I made her baking powder biscuits. Her favorite thing. Then I took them over to her along with chicken, gravy, tators, squash and apple cider. I wanted them to know just how much I appreciated and loved and … well everything…this mixer. I can now knead bread dough. It’s so cool.

In other news….

I took mama, daddy, Scott and Mike to the Sertoma Winter Wonderland in Brainerd this week. You know how hard it is to get good Christmas light pictures but here are a few that came out pretty good, enough to show you just how pretty it is. If you click on the Sertoma Winter Wonderland link you can see it much better with a professional look.

Our pics….

December 156 December 139

December 144 December 147 

December 153 December 155

In more news….

The kids have been working on some Christmas balls for their mama. Did you know glitter can be everywhere even when you try to just keep it on the table. Hannah had more on her then her ornament and I’m pretty sure my floor will be glittery for some time to come but it didn’t matter, she was having a blast. And then Justin came and made a fabric ball. Check these out…

 December 125 December 128 

 December 132 December 130

               December 134

And the last thing for this week. Last night I did some beading. I had to make a pair of earrings for Jon to give his teacher. So while I was at it I also made two other pairs, a twisted bracelet and my great friend in New York’s charm bracelet. I’ve already wrapped Jon’s teachers gift so can’t show you them but here’s my project for last night.

December 169 

So that is this week in pictures. I hope that your week was grand. TGIF. I’m off this weekend and am really in need of that. I think a nice relaxing morning, a nap in the afternoon, a little family swimming and then a movie. That could well be the best Saturday yet. Take care my friends and have a blessed weekend.

5 comments:

Kim said...

Sweet! And congratulations-you're going to LOVE your mixer-it's more of a machine than a kitchen appliance.

Baby Sister said...

Yay for a new mixer!! :D That's exciting, especially all of the savings that you got!!
Pretty lights, awesome balls, and cool jewelry!!
Enjoy your day off, you sure deserve it!!

Anonymous said...

The mixer looks great! Wow. Mommies are so cool with gifting ideas!! :) :)

Your jewelery looks beautiful, Julie! So do the photos. :)

I'm so glad you're enjoying a break this Saturday! The plan sounds fun!

Jill said...

That's a great deal on the mixer! I have one too and I LOVE it! Glitter balls are so much fun, lol. Your jewelry looks great, my daughter does her own jewelry business, she really enjoys it.
Have a wonderful day and a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Blessings
Jill

Grammy said...

Hi,there,
Beautiful jewelry. You do a great job, and I know how you feel about the mixer. I have the same kind that I bought about a year ago. It is wonderful. I hope your grandmother is doing well,too.
Love, Ruby Young
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year