Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Good bye....

In a few hours I'm heading off to scout camp for a couple of days so won't be here to chatter but didn't want you to think I wasn't thinking about you so had to leave something.

Jim has renamed the bird pond, it's now called the 3 ton bird bath. Last night him and Mike went down to the Wysocki's to get more rocks. We had a good size pile to start out with but have found out only certain rocks fit in certain places and boy are we going though concrete. 6 bags so far and have just got the bottom row on and some reinforcing around the blocks. This isn't going to be a quick project at all but next week will get back to it full swing.

Saturday is Independence Day, what a great day that is. We are having our family/friend reunion and mama was looking back and we've been doing this since 1996, WOW!!! I didn't realize it's been that long. That is so cool.

My grandpa is home now. He came home yesterday and today the kids and I went to visit him and grandma. Both are looking more at peace being home and grandpa even held Hannah for a bit. She is such a lover and is so full of hugs she makes everyone feel so special. She loves the grandpa's the best, all they do is look at her and she's getting there as fast as she can to hug and cuddle them.

So now I'm off to bake that last batch of cookies for the scouts. I got Mike and I packed and am trying hard to get everything else done. It is amazing just how much there is to do when you're just leaving for a couple of days. We have new baby chicks and the ducks are hatching so had to make two small pens in the hen house to keep them safe while I'm gone. I don't have any new pictures of them to share but when things aren't rushed next week I'll get some on because there's nothing cuter then a mama chicken with baby ducks.

Take care my friends, have a blessed 4th of July and I'll be back next week with pictures and a host of other things to share. Be safe and God Bless!!

No comments: