Sunday, June 28, 2009

3000 pound bird bath.....

Since the fencing is done minus some dirt work we've started another project, it's a water feature. Sort of a bird bath, small pool...I'm not quite sure what to call it yet but it's just beginning. See......



I'll keep you posted on how things go and what we learn as we go. We've never done anything like this, the last water pond was with a liner and in the ground but the ducks took it over and it's not the pretty thing I wanted so we are going to fill that one in and this one will be above ground so the ducks can't take over and make it a mud mess. You know, we have a huge pond we dug in the swamp but either the ducks are afraid of it or just to lazy to go that far to swim.

Garage saling this past weekend I found two good deals for future projects. One is a Christmas sweater I'm going to make into a sweater bag and the other is two sweaters I'm going to make into mittens and head bands and if left overs scarves. Here's what they look like now....later I'll show you the finished projects.

So now it's onward and upward to a new week. This week for me is a short week because I took Thursday and Friday off. On Wednesday evening I'm heading to scout camp for the night and next day. If I can't go to camp for a full week I try and at least get there for part of it. The boys look forward to a mama figure there in the middle of the week when the home sickness kicks in and I also bring them up lots of homemade goodies. I make them bread, cookies and bars. They love the extra goodies and make the last 1/2 of the week go great. Then on Friday Mike is off with me and we'll get our yard and garden plus house all ready for the family reunion on Saturday. It's always at my mama's house but once in awhile we'll have a guest walk over here to see what's new plus the Wysocki's always spend the evening with us.
So that is that for now. I hope that all is well with everyone. Take care and God Bless!!

No comments: