Sunday, September 12, 2010

Last week, this week, next week…until it freezes…

Tomatoes that is. Now there’s no complaining coming from here, it just means lots and lots of tomatoes. This is my second batch I did. I’m heading out shortly to get the third bunch, about 3 – 5 gallon buckets each time plus Kim got 2 laundry baskets last Wednesday and my mama a 5 gallon bucket. There is nothing, nothing at all, like homegrown tomatoes made into so many dishes. Okay, enough words, here’s the pictures…

August and September 064 August and September 005 

August and September 065 August and September 066

August and September 004 August and September 068

August and September 083

This batch I froze. There was spaghetti sauce, tomato juice and soup base. When I made up my spaghetti sauce (which I also use for lasagna, spanish rice, other tomatoes based hot dishes. I add in the green and orange peppers (red and yellow if I have them), garlic, herbs and season and my hamburger. Of course as I’m making this some goes home with the daycare parents, my parents and even our best friends. So it’s a good thing they keep growing and growing.

I have lots to share with you this week so maybe each day this week there will be a post of some kind.

It is time to move on from the horrible week last week to a good one this week. My grandma is doing wonderfully, I think better then us kids but someone said that at her age it just comes with the territory and something she excepted faster then us. I don’t know, I just know losing someone you love and even though you know they are in heaven enjoying life again, it’s hard. But it’s life and it’s just time to move on. I’ll spend as much time as I can with grandma as will the other kids and grandkids and she’s even planning on getting out and about again. Today she went to church, now it’s been almost 2 years since she could go and do that. YEAH!!!

Take care my friends and I’ll try and talk to you tomorrow. Have a great Sunday. The Lord’s Day, a day to rejoice, relax and reflect on just all that we have and thank the Lord for it all. God Bless you all!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that produce! Wow. Julie, you must be really good as a gardener! All the food talk is making me salivate!

Anonymous said...

p.s. Grandma is a hero! :) :) :)