Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Black Frost

Burr is it cold this morning. It was 19* when I got up at 4:30. I guess that means we’ve had our black frost in this area. Last night we started up the wood heat and I got to wake up to a warm 70* this morning instead of 59* like yesterday. I just did lots of baking first thing in the morning to heat the house up but it’s hard to get everyone going at those temps. I have a couple of pictures to share with you (of course I do, it’s what I do). Fall is really here.

 See the frost on the roof? You can also see I never did get the second building painted this year. We still have warm weather coming up, will I get it done then? Maybe……See the temperature?

103_0369

I started Jim blazer early today so he wouldn’t have to scrap off the windows, but I bet I will be doing that on my sub when we go to the library today.

103_0370

When I opened my window to take a frosty pictures all my chickens ran to the window to see if I was throwing them out a goody. They are so soiled.

103_0371

And last but not least, the frost on the grass. I am sure going to miss this green outside. That is one reason so many pine trees in our yard, they are always green plus their other benefits like windbreaks, shade, a place to have picnics and play.

103_0372

So it’s to work I go. Justin just got up and is watching TV, Jon is on the bus and almost at school, Jim and Mike are off to work and then school and I hear Hannah stirring so I know it’s time for bacon and eggs for breakfast (that’s what Justin asked for). It’s library day today along with a few errands and a visit at Kim’s.

So have a great day my dear friends. Take care and God Bless!!

1 comment:

rajdog1 said...

You are a way busy person! :)