Monday, September 7, 2009

Home again....

Let me tell you this, if you are a camping family and you are able to get away for just a couple of days you have got to head to Itasca State Forest and go to Bass Lake campground. It's about 10 miles out of Effie. It is the most beautiful campground we've been in a long time and we've been to tons of great campgrounds and all are beautiful but this one tops it. It's not an expensive campground either, just $10.00 a day. Oh guys, camping is just plain the most wonderful way to spend a weekend away with your family. Mike and I went hiking and swimming, we all went fishing and Jim did all the grilling/cooking and since we're camping that means all dishes are throw aways so not much for dishes. I got to read about 1/2 of a really good book, I got to wake up to the birds singing, the squirrels arguing, the loons talking.....I wouldn't trade this weekend for anything. Here are some pictures to just show you how great the weekend was. Oh I did take a few grad pictures but I'm not as thrilled with them as well as the BWCA ones but I think when fall comes and I take the last of them I'll do a poll and see what you all have to say. So on to the pictures. I hope you enjoy them. I hope that you had a great weekend also. Take care and God Bless!









2 comments:

rajdog1 said...

very nice pics!! I think we will have to try that campground out...especially if it is that close to Effie!

Kim said...

Love the picture of Wilbur!! Of course, you are cute too!