Monday, September 21, 2009

Something new….

 

I don’t know how to do this yet but I am trying to use Windows Live Writer to write on my blog so please bare with me. Kim turned me onto this and said it’s so much easier and you can do a few more things with the photos and different typing and so on. So I’ll see what I can do here.

I wanted to share this picture with you, my sunflowers are just about finished being pretty and ready for the birds but I love this photo and thought you might too.

100_0290

So this is cool, I like the ease it is to share a picture. I’ll have to see what else this is I can do but for now this is all I have tonight.

I’ve been canning up a storm. I’ve put up at least 25 quarts of tomatoes, 15 pints of salsa plus frozen quart containers of each, 15 quarts of apples sauce and 10 pints plus frozen ones too. I’ve made spaghetti sauce, goulash mixture, stewed tomatoes and chili. Mike and I picked pumpkins last night, I’m going to try and sell some and the rest will have for the kids and families. They aren’t very big, about a humans head size but think the perfect size for the kids to decorate. I think for the first time I’ll also figure out how to make fresh pumpkin pie from scratch instead of the can. Squash is next to start picking and doing plus a little bit more corn but now for soups instead of just eating kind.

Okay my friends, good night….sleep tight and may God Bless you all!!!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Cool! And thank you sooooo much again for the produce you've sent my way - my kitchen smells glorious! You're AWESOME!