Thursday, February 4, 2010

My mama….

My mama and I went shopping today. It started out the normal grocery shopping but ended up a great shopping trip. Really any time I with my mama is a great time but she treated me to a gift today that I just love. Check it out…

101_1484

I love this bowl. It’s taller then a breakfast bowl but smaller round. I’m going to make it into a planter. I don’t know what I’ll plant in it yet but I’m sure I’ll come up with something pretty. Maybe a bulb of some kind, something that will bloom before spring gets here. I am so in love with birds. Over the years she’s gotten me quite a few goodies when it comes to my birds. She got me this when we finished remodeling.

101_1485  and these….

101_1486  101_1486

 101_1487_00

My aunt painted this for me….

101_1490_00

When Mike became an Eagle Scout she got this for him…

101_1492  and this….

101_1498

I love birds. Oh one more, my aunt gave this to me too….

101_1501

My kitchen curtains I made have birds on them too. I just love the colors and it doesn’t matter if it’s winter or summer birds are here and so fun to watch and listen to.

Well I just had to share my new thing today and share just how wonderful mama is to me.

So I’m off, kids are due soon from school and I’d like to do a quick vacuuming before they get here. Take care my friends and have a most blessed evening.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is always so nice to read your posts. I find myself getting uplifted. Glad you got the time with your mom and your new planter/bowl. :0)

starnes family said...

I adore that bowl.......precious!

Kim said...

So pretty!

Grizzly Bear said...

So pretty I love it!. .. birds are all the rave now I have seen them on pillows at pottery barn. Just beautiful!