Saturday, February 20, 2010

Two works in progress….

I thought I’d share the two projects I’ve been working on this week. The first is a frame that I’m planning on using with a family photo. It started out as an idea last week when we went to Grand Rapids. Really it’s nothing like what I saw other then the opening for the picture is off set but it was an idea. Here’s what it started out like and is up to this point. I still need to sand it down, polycoat it and then put a small bit of trim on around the edges and a piece of glass and a hanger but you get the idea. The colors are not exactly right in the picture but their close. I think it’s a bit more deep in the maroon and greens. See….

101_1663  101_1664

101_1669101_1670_00

My other project is from an idea I got from Kim. She’s been making these really cool baskets for all kinds of things and while we were thrift shopping this past week I found a table runner we thought would make a cool basket. I still need to put handles on this one and then my mama wants me to make one for a waste basket for her newly remodeled bathroom so will do that but will put in a bit of support in it to help it stand up straighter. Here’s what it looks like so far.

101_1674  

As you can see I had to hand stitch it because my sewing machine was being a wimp I tried to just stitch the edge so it won’t ravel and my machine screamed the whole way. Then I used an ice-cream lid for the bottom. It’s nice and sturdy and with handles I think will make a good basket for the girls Barbie’s. I just used a hole punch for the ice-cream lid and used yarn to attach it.

101_1685101_1681

I’ll show you both projects when completed and also mama’s trash can. Hopefully I finish them this weekend or coming week.

So that’s that for now. I need to exercise, shower and then I’m taking the boy sliding today. Really they are taking me, heck they are 15 and 18 and I’m just going for the exercise and enjoyment of watching and play with them. They still like me going so while I’m still invited I will do so.

Take care my friends and have a great weekend. God Bless you all!!

3 comments:

starnes family said...

Loving your projects! Cute stuff.

Anonymous said...

Two more great projects. I agree - go with the boys while you're still invited. I'm already having to "force" mine into quality time. LOL.

Jodi said...

I wish I was crafty! It is not my forte. Really. I wind up gluing myself to .... myself.