Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Craft Show…

Well Brenda and I had our last craft show last weekend. The turn out was excellent. The sales weren’t grand but also not terrible. People just do not have the fundings they use to have to just spend but it was great watching people pick and choose and get all excited when they’d find that perfect item for their loved one or themselves. This was the first time I sold lots of my sewing projects. Remember the yarn scarves? I sold 4 of the 6. Remember the totes I made, I sold two large ones and 3 small ones. Remember the beaded hanger gem? Sold that too. It felt good selling some older projects I had made. I still have this tote but sold all the little ones. I took some pictures of the show but it was with my camera phone and they turned out fuzzy so I can’t share them with you. I hate not having pictures to share with you.

The kids and I have been outside enjoying this warm November weather. It’s still 48* outside and it’s 8:30 at night. It’s amazing to have such nice weather now. First fall comes in with a bang, snow and cold and now it’s nice. 

October snow and desk 003 October snow and desk 001

100_4191 100_4193

Mike has been going to college Tuesday and Thursday evenings and has been learning and enjoying himself. I wanted to share this picture with you but forgot until just now. It’s Mike first day off to college.

100_4395

Well this week has been a non-productive week for projects, sewing and baking. Just outside piling wood, playing and walking and just enjoying.

Take care and have the most blessed week.

8 comments:

Jill said...

Glad to hear you were able to sell a few things at the craft sale. You are quite talented! Love that picture of mike going off to college, he looks so very happy.
Have a wonderful night!
blessings,
Jill

Mom vs. the boys said...

wow good for you! sounds like you did really well at the craft show! it must be a great feeling to create something and have someone pay money for it. or is it sad to see it go?

Shawn said...

It sounds like you did pretty darn good at the craft show! That must be a great feeling when someone's at your booth, looking for that special item, finds it and then hand you the $$!!! WooHoo!!!!!

Flying high in the sky.... said...

Brilliant!! Congratulations!! very few people are able to do what you actually went and accomplished!! excellent!

Baby Sister said...

That is awesome that you had such success. :) It's supposed to snow here...but it keeps passing by us...not fair!!

Hope you have a good rest of the week!!

Anonymous said...

I am sooo VERY happy for you! Your craft is beautiful. It really is. Wow. Who'd ever say that stuff is handmade? I know I wouldn't.

Mike looks all happy and grinny. I like! :D

Anonymous said...

I think you are so right about the spending right now. Even people who aren't hurting are holding on to their money a little tighter. At least you did do fair. That's good.

Enjoy the beautiful weather while you can!

You have a most blessed week this week too!

~South Beach Steve

Shawn said...

Julie, You have an amazing blog and I have enjoyed getting to know you. I picked you for a "Stylish Blogger Award". You can link back to me and learn how to Pay it Forward.