Monday, November 22, 2010

I want to craft!!!

Beaded Recycled CD Ornament

I want to have the kids try these for parents gifts. Aren’t they cool? It’s a CD painted and then wrapped with wire and beads. I know my littlest can’t do this but Rachel and Abby could.

Handmade Ornaments

We are going to make these for parent gifts. I love this idea too. I think since last year the bath salts were a hit we’ll make some of them too.

I think this would be something my littlest ones can do and I think we’ll add a bead in-between each loop. Just to add some bling.

I got all these ideas off of the Family Fun website my mama sent me.

I also need to make a special someone a charm bracelet. So gotta get to work on that. So it’s crafting time. Tomorrow we’ll work on something. I have just Hannah and Justin tomorrow so we’ll make something.

I also saw at Menard yesterday a canister painted really cool. I have an old cook canister I think I’ll give a try doing something with.

I’ll share whatever we come up with. Hey I have a question? Last year at this time of year there were ornament challenges, Christmas card exchanges and more, for some reason I’m not seeing them this year. Has anyone seen any? Last year the daycare kids participated in a really cool card exchange. We made 10 cards and sent them all over the world and we got 10 cards from all over the world. Maybe if I can’t find one I’ll have to host something like that. Interested?

So that’s what’s got my mind spinning. How are your plans coming for the holidays? Got your shopping started?

I hope that you all are having a blessed week. Take care my friends.

6 comments:

Angela said...

Cute stuff!
I am totally going to try to make these http://www.mytrendytykes.com/search?q=christmas+ornaments&x=0&y=0

with the twins this year.

I hope it works out.

Mom vs. the boys said...

fun crafts! I need to get thinking of what I will work on with my boys

Flying high in the sky.... said...

cute!!

Baby Sister said...

Those are cute!! I haven't seen any Christmas card stuff, but if I do I'll let you know. :)

My Christmas shopping is almost done. Go me!! :D

Anonymous said...

I love the hand!! You got 10 cards from everywhere? Wowwie! I love the idea. Haven't heard/read of that. Sounds very very cute though!!!! Do it! :D

Velvet Over Steel said...

Very sweet crafts! I think I can handle all of these too! :-) Going to try these this weekend!

Have a Wonderful & Happy Thanksgiving, Julie!

Blessings & Hugs,
Coreen