Friday, November 12, 2010

Wood, wood and more wood…but….

Done, I am finally done putting up 12 cords of wood. Yes, I do 99% of it alone, no it doesn’t matter. I work from home and keep our house warm is my job. Keeping it cool in the summer is Jim’s, the $300.00 electric bill. I use to be the one to go out and cut it, split it and stack it. Now I’m lucky enough that people owe us money so they cut it, split it and deliver it by dump truck so all I have to do is stack it, cover it and then burn it up. It’s still tons of work stacking up 12 cords of wood. It is in four different huge piles.

Here…..

1112101605a 

Here…..

1112101605b

here….

1112101606a

and here…

1112101646b

Here was today’s pile…going…going…stacked….

1112101604b

1112101646a

Now for all my married life except for 8 years of driving truck I have done this wood, not a problem just my job. Today I had fun doing it, you know why? I listened to my itouch with my work out music and it went by much easier then ever plus I jigged, I jumped, I danced and sang at the top of my lungs. Think of the calories I burned off. Why have I never done that before? I usually just count the pieces of wood I put away. 1,2,3,4…..199,200,201…300,301,302…500…well you get the idea.

I know that tonight I am sore, even my stomach muscles are sore and I did hurt my left shoulder stacking the wood way above my head but it’ll heal now that there’s no more wood left. Now it can snow, sleet or whatever the Lord has in store for us and we’ll be warm. I’ll have unlimited hot water, a heated garage and a heated workshop and a house that is a constant 70* no matter if it’s 30 above or 30 below.

Okay, enough for now. I hope that you have a warm safe house, a place to go in all types of weather, a place you can call your own. I am truly blessed to call my house a home.

Take care my friends. Have a blessed weekend.

4 comments:

Prairiemaid said...

That's a lot of wood, Julie! Hope your arm and shoulder feel better tomorrow.

It's a good feeling to have it done though, isn't it?

Have a great weekend.

Blessings,
Cheryl

Baby Sister said...

That is a lot of wood!! I'm impressed!! Go you for burning lots of calories. I love doing that. :)

Flying high in the sky.... said...

wow!!! i loved reading this post.. it is a new angle .....Bangalore has a flat weather.. cool ..always...so never thought all this needs to be done to keep your home warm! you did it all alone ! brilliant!!! and i love your focus to keep your "HOME" warm .. wow.. i loved it!

Anonymous said...

I am so very impressed too! Just look at those piles! You must have really strong arms. Of course you're sore! Rest well. You deserve a warm, relaxing shower too.