Monday, November 23, 2009

Craft Challenge #1……

Well here is the first ornament of the Christmas Craft Challenge.  Remember this….  http://scrapfxnz.blogspot.com/2009/11/christmas-craft-challenge.html  So here is my first ornament that the kids helped with. We went leaf picking last Friday and then pressed them in a magazine under my lab top for a day and then Saturday I Mod Podged them and put glitter on both sides. They rested yesterday and then today I sealed them, Justin help me cut ribbon and then put them on our little kid tree on the porch. Here’s what they look like.

101_0980  101_0982 101_0984

Today is Mike’s guitar recital at school. He’s not scared or worried just not happy about it. I’ll take a couple of pictures and share with you tomorrow.

Now it’s onward and upward to laundry and vacuum and then the kids and I are going to go out and look for pine cones, more leaves and feathers. We need some big feathers for our headband we’ll make for Thanksgiving. My daddy has geese, I have guineas , ducks and chickens so I’m sure we’ll have plenty of feather to choose from. I have also got to take a picture of mama chicken, her baby and her “chuck”. She hatched a chicken egg that was hers and a duck egg we snuck under her so that why she has chick and chuck. I’ll try and do that today to share with you tomorrow too.

So have a great day today, take care and enjoy all the wonderful blessings our great Lord has given us. God Bless my friends.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Oooooo these are soooo pretty! Love the glitter!!

Annie @ astonesthrowfrominsanity said...

OOOOOH! Pretty! I even think my kiddies could do it!!

Anonymous said...

The ornaments look great. How fun!

Unknown said...

Hi Julie,
Thanks for the link.
I have to agree with everyone else these do look fabulous and I love that they are so simple as well. Just perfect for keeping the little ones quiet for a bit.
I can't wait to see what you come up with next.
Paula