Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Garage Sale find and....

Good afternoon. It finally is warm today, 88* but very windy. You won't hear any complaining from me though, I'd rather be hot then cold any day.

I wanted to share my garage sale find with you. Last weekend I found this John Deere light that didn't work. I tested the cord and found a bad spot in it so I put in an on/off switch which really for a night light is a good idea anyways and cleaned it all up. I paid a whole $1.00 for the light, had the switch and now have the perfect gift for Jon's 5th birthday. He loves tractors and John Deere is the best he says so just perfect. Check it out....





Then today the boys and I did some more rhubarb. They wanted to help cut so out came the butter knives and then sawed away at it. We got 4 more quarts canned so a start for next winter. Still tons more out there to do but we'll get there. As you can see in the background the boys helped me make cake and cupcakes too. For extra income I cook my husbands store lunch a couple times a week and today they got chicken pepper hot dish and a spice cake. The boys love helping in the kitchen at any time, just like Mike did when he was little.

I'm hoping that this fall the apple supply is huge so can get lots of that frozen and canned too. This weekend is the beginning of the gardening, I love walking bare foot in the fresh dirt. AHHH!!!

Well tonight we are off to help a scout on his Eagle project. We are working at our local hospital's healing garden. I'm glad it clouded over so that it'll be easier working.

So that's it for today. I hope that all is going grand for you all. Take care and God Bless!

No comments: