Friday, October 9, 2009

Coupons, again……

I don’t know if you get tired of hearing about coupons or not but I can’t help but share with you. This past week Cub Foods and Super One and my local Super Valu have had some really good deals and store coupons and with me clipping and printing out other coupons from the sites I’ve shared with you I was able to spend $30.00 and save $27.00. I got cereal, pop-tarts, toaster goodies, baking needs, female needs, milk and cat food and a few other goodies. You know what was better, Naomi did my shopping for me. I got everything organized and she left work and went shopping. She gets off work 2 hours before she needs to be here to pick up the kids (her oldest rides the bus after school here and there’s no point in picking up two, going home and coming back for the last one, so she can go home, go shopping or whatever she needs to do before coming here). It was a win/win for us both. Then for her birthday which is tomorrow, Happy Birthday Naomi, I clipped her all the coupons she needed to do the same thing plus some extra ones for special goodies. I also got her, from the kids, the cuties little pumpkin salt/pepper shakers. They are in the shape of pumpkins. She’s hosting Thanksgiving at her house and thought a neat little pretty would perk up the table and something she will always have from the kids.

Okay anyways, if you haven’t tried it yet, go to www.eversave.com and www.print.coupons.com it’s really worth all the effort and time.  Also don’t forget www.angelfoodministries for a local food pick-up for a really fair price and www.emergencyfoodshelf.org/OurFamilyOfPrograms/ffa/  both of these are not like a food shelf. You pay for the food but it’s at a very good price that they have passed down to you because they are able to buy in bulk and not have all the middle men taking their share. We are trying a new program too, Rubies Ministries but at the moment I don’t have a website to share with you but can find it if anyone is interested.

I have to tell you, I am able to feed my family of three, my daycare of 3-6 and also make some special meals for my husbands business and my parents for a total of $100.00 a month. I spend another $50.00 a month for the extras we don’t get but it’s making it so I’m able to make ends meet even though business is slow. I know we’re not the only ones struggling so if I can help anyone just a little bit all of this is worth it.

Thanks for listening/reading. I do so appreciate you all. Take care and have a wonderful weekend. They say snow tomorrow, oh well it’s Minnesota and we will get some more warmth later on before winter really sets in, maybe even for our up-coming Venture weekend over MEA.

God Bless my friends.

No comments: