Thursday, October 22, 2009

Do skunks have a purpose?

I know at my house the only purpose one had last night was to be dead. It crawled under the chicken coop and died there, not on it’s own free will but with some help. But first it had to spray Wilbur and the chicken coop and the world around it. My goodness does my yard, house and chickens smell bad. Wilbur got 4 bathes last night, the tomatoes juice one, the anti stink shampoo, Mike’s body wash and then my hair soap and cream rinse. Other then the top of his nose he’s back to smelling like he should, that is until he gets wet and no matter what you do that stink sticks around for a long time. You know something else too, why is it that when your dog gets sprayed it’s just about bed time? It happened about 10:00 and by 11:30 I was ready to crawl into bed and I have to be up at 4:30 in the morning. YUCK!! Oh well, life in the country…..not the best part!

Now Jim brought me home another 4 lbs of cranberries so we made a cranberry, apple, blueberry sauce. Yum….it is wonderful. We also made 4 more pints of cranberry jelly. I froze enough to make up a small batch of cranberry sauce and left a bowl full to make a apple/cranberry tart or crisp. I did ask that he get me as many pounds of cranberries as he can and he did, 12 lbs worth but now we have plenty to last until next season. Kim’s daughter has an open house this Sunday and they are serving pork so I’m going to share some of what we made for some extra goodness.

I never did make those plastic bag holders yet, the idea, fabric and machine is waiting…I’m just short on energy and time but maybe in the next day or two. I think I’m stuck today cleaning out the chicken coop….dampness and skunk smell are not friendly in the coop so better just do it and get it over with. I think the kids and I will stay in for the morning and then at nap time I’ll go out and get that done. Our coop is only 100’ behind the house so they can see me or I can hear them if someone wakes up before I’m done.

Well I hope that you all have a super day today. The sun is suppose to shine here and get into the 40’s so I can handle that. My batteries can recharge for the next bout of showers/snow and no sunshine. Take care my friends. God Bless!!!!

No comments: