Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Should I blog the opps?….

Well I’m going to and it’s all because I’m trying to do it with two little ones watching me and because I want to hurry and see if it turns out, because ……well I don’t know, maybe because I’m not thinking and I know better. Heck, how can you screw up just three pattern pieces…well I can… see, it’s inside out and the neck it way to narrow (that means I didn’t cut on the lines to well either, hummm….better check that out on the other slipper before I do it). Well check out the pictures for the screw up and before I post this blog I’m going to make one right so I can at least show you I can sew something right. You know something else, with a man’s size 13 they look like flippers. Wonder if Mike will even wear them?

Here’s the material and pattern to start out with:

103_0426  Sure looks simple enough…….:o)

 

103_0428 Now the two opps. Can you believe I did it twice. Sew the heal wrong side out Twice, yep TWO times………Well I did check out the neck and it’s not me, the pattern makes a very narrow opening, I’m going to fix that so they will be easier to get on.

Now the final pair. If you ask me they still look like flippers socks instead of slippers but hey, if they keep his feet warm then that’s what will count.

103_0429

Now it’s my turn, I’ll see what I have for fabric and make me a pair.

Just had to share this today. I hope all is well with you and that you are enjoying the sunshine. We have some today, at least so far this afternoon, but it’s still only 32* out there. I gotta go put wood in the stove and collect some eggs. Take care and God Bless!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks for all the comment love! i can't sew to save my life, so whether it's wrong or not--i'm impressed with what you've done.

Kim said...

Your "oops" look great - Mike just has big feet!

Anonymous said...

I have an award for you! http://ifmamaaint.blogspot.com/2009/10/if-mama-aint-awarded.html