Thursday, December 17, 2009

If at first you don’t succeed…

Try and try and try and try ….. well you get the idea. Last night I watched a Creative Juice that I had DVR’d and she was wiring wrapping sea glass and since I’ve been wanting to learn to do rocks I thought I’d take her idea and try and make it into something I could do. Well I tried and tried, tried and tried again and …….okay…see the mistake pile?…

101_1167

Well in the end, after about 2.5 hours of working on it, here’s what I came up with. I didn’t use the right tools but it’s just practice anyways but I tried. See….

101_1166

These rocks are ones that Mike and I polished a long time ago and I think are a bit small and slippery. They are just about an 1” big or so. So it was difficult to get the wire to stay put but after weaving it in and around in the back it doesn’t look to bad. I do need the right tools though, I just used a vice grip and pliers with teeth on them booth and you can see that on the wire but for my first two that worked I don’t think they are too bad.

I’m going to check out the rest of our rock collection and see what I can find that have a bit more definition in shape so would be a tad easier to keep the wire wrapped but if you don’t try, you’ll never learn so I’m trying and learning.

I have a bit more sewing to day. Mike wants a slip cover for his iTouch and I want to make some foot warmers but first it’s some house work and my little ones. It’s already 14* outside so today we are going to head outside and play. Hannah isn’t impressed with the snow but it’s mainly she can’t walk so well yet and she keeps falling down but she’ll learn. Say, the day before yesterday I put her hair in two pigtails and she looked so cute. Her hair is always in her eyes but no one wants to trim her hair yet so we’ve been doing a single ponytail but she keeps pulling that out so thought maybe two would last longer. It does sorta but that’s because it takes her a bit longer to find both tails. Anyways, here’s Justin and Hannah while we were making candy.

101_1151

So now it’s onward and upwards to the day. Take care my friends and try and enjoy this holiday season. It only comes once a year and though it can get stressful at times it’s such a blessed time. God Bless you all!!!

3 comments:

Kim said...

I love the rocks and I think you should keep them and use them in a fall-inspired mobile with some acorns and pinecones. Great job!

rajdog1 said...

I have plenty of agates that can be done that way....an idea to try, thanks!!

Unknown said...

I love the mistakes pile! I think it is just as important as the incredible looking completed pile. It just serves to remind us, that if at first you don't succeed, have another go!!
Well done.