Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Update and our party….

You know, it's hard to be happy and sad and worried and excited and busy and upset and all those at the same time. It's draining but..........

Cindy is holding her own right now. She's to weak for them to do any testing so maybe tomorrow they can start to find out all that's going on. They know she has an ulcer that was bleeding bad but once they started her on some medicine it stopped that bleeding. The found some other spots in the stomach but don't know and won't speculate on them until more testing. Her liver is shot and not sure what they can do about that. I don't know if it's to far gone this time to reheal itself but we'll find out in the next few days what is what. They are keeping her sedated to keep her calm and comfortable. I didn't go see her yet but Scott (her son) keeps me informed on what's what. He spent the day here with us and didn't want to go see her tonight, he just needed some happy time so let him. He'll be home the next couple of days with dad and Kevin (his brother), then maybe he'll be back for a couple of days, we'll try anyways. I’m planning on going tomorrow if our weather holds out. We’re suppose to in for a snowstorm but sometimes the weatherman isn’t exactly right.

101_1194  

Today was our Christmas party. The kids had a blast and loved all the homemade goodies I made them. They loved the music game Mike got them and the digger Jim got them. Mike and Scott took them sledding twice today so I'm sure they will all sleep well. I gave my parents some home made stuff too like record bowls with candy in them, home made laundry soap, jam/jellies and trays of cookies. I also made heating pads for each family. I got a tortilla maker from my families. I've been looking for one for a couple of years but are too expensive to just get one so the three families went in together and got me one. YEAH!!!! Homemade tortillas.

101_1246  101_1245

The ornament I made is from Rene (my cousins wife and kindergarten teacher in Mpls), she gave me the glass ornaments from her church that were out dated so I took the kids picture and cut it to fit the glass, then on the back put the names and date on it. A bit of glitter to finish the edges and they came out really cool I think. I hope everyone likes them and their gifts.

So I am going to do a few more things and then be done for the day. Really I am off now for 4 days and I can't wait. I need a break. Can't be good for anyone if I'm not up to snuff.

I want to thank everyone for their words of support and your prayers. Keep them coming please, we need them. I will keep you posted on what I know as time goes by.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE. GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!!

No comments: