Friday, April 23, 2010

48 today….

100_1776

Today was my day and it was a great day. We drove 250 miles today to celebrate it with my aunt and uncle and it was so worth it. We had such a great visit. We went out for lunch at Perkins (it Mike and my favorite restaurant) and then went back for this wonderful birthday cake. I have to say today was a blessed day.

When I got home and finally settled in for the evening I checked my e-mail and found some really cool things. 1. There were about 8-10 face book birthday wishes for me. 2. Pat wrote me the nicest letter. She just always knows the right things to say and she made me feel so good today. 3. I got a gift from a friend I have never met. Angela is such a sweet person. She’s been such a huge support for my life style change and tonight I opened an e-mail that said she has given me a years subscription to Cooking Light magazine. So cool since I’m working so hard to lose some weight and learn to be healthy and able to take better care of my family.

Thank you to everyone. Today was a great day!!!!

Tomorrow is my first craft show of the season. Really this year I’m only doing two craft shows. It’s time for a break this year but I had promised to do these two shows last year and both Brenda and I can’t go cold turkey so we’ll hope for a great show. Mike took tomorrow off too so he’s going to help us set up and be there for a bit with us. Mike has been such a great help with my craft shows. He makes some of the jewelry too and it sells wonderfully.

Sunday is Jim and my 30th wedding anniversary. 30 years, it seems to have flown by pretty darn fast. Life flies by pretty darn fast. Lots of mile stones along the way, lots of smiles, happy memories and so much more.

It’s time to head to bed. I hope you all have the most blessed and wonderful weekend. Take care my friends!!

4 comments:

Mom vs. the boys said...

Oh my goodness!!! a birthday and an anniversary days apart! so fun! Happy Birthday Lovely Lady! Glad you had a great day!

Grammy said...

Hello,
I just read your blog and I hope you have had a glorious birthday and will have a great anniversary tomorrow!
Best regards to you,
Ruby

Flying high in the sky.... said...

beautiful........belated happy birthday.... glad your day was so good...and happy wedding anniversary....wow...you have been together for 30 yrs!! wow!!...May god bless...have a blast!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Awww Julie! I'm sorry i'm late for this one- Belated Happy Birthday! This is on time i guess- Happy Wedding Anniversary!!! Hope you both grow together to be healthy, happy, hearty and prosperous in every way.

Here's a bear hug!