Sunday, April 25, 2010

Good evening…

Our craft show was not exactly a money maker but we didn’t go broke either. We have two very faithful customers that look us up just about each time we have a craft show and always buy something from us and that is what happened on Saturday and we did also sell a couple small things. Here’s what our table looked like…

100_1787

100_1788

Here’s my partner Brenda. She’s also my best buddy. You know, I have the bestest friends in the whole wide world. Life is amazing!!

When our sale was done we headed to Brenda’s for the most tasty cake she made for me. We stayed and visited a good couple of hours and then decided to take the party to my house and we fixed steak and brats on the grill and then watched Avatar that Kim borrowed us.

Now I have to share with you my birthday/anniversary gift. Remember I’ve complained my sewing machine was broken and I did buy the bobbin holder I needed but it still didn’t work as good as it should of. So I asked, begged and begged some more and guess what Jim bought me? Yep, a brand new Brother computerized sewing machine. Here’s what it looks like.

100_1791

I am so excited to get back to sewing. Look at all those stitches. My old machine had two stitches, straight and zig-zag. This one has a big extra attachment that makes like a sewing table attached to the machine and it comes with a quilting foot. I can do my own meandering, that is if I can figure that one out. I’m not a quilter at all but have been planning on making a quilt. Oh I can think of all kinds of things I can sew. Look at all those stitches. Oh how much fun!!!

For our Anniversary Jim and I went gun shopping. Jim has wanted a Henry Lever Action .22. So today that is what we went and got. So when we got home we spent that afternoon target practicing. All three of us shot off at least 500 rounds. I did take some phone pictures but for some odd reason I can not down load them. Oh well I tried.

It really was a great weekend. A great birthday and anniversary. I love my family and friends. I am one very lucky woman to have such great people in my life.

So my friends, that was my weekend. I hope you all had a great weekend also. Tomorrows a new day, a new work week and time to get back into the swing of things. Take care and God Bless you all!!!

5 comments:

Flying high in the sky.... said...

wish i was there physically to buy some of your creations...seems you had a great weekend...perfectly fitting for a nice person like you...may you be blessed with more friends ..more gifts and more of such weekends :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Awww, i'm so happy for you! This sewing machine sounds like just the thing to make you happy- i am going to expect a lot of fun stuff you create and post about. Hope the week continues to be as much fun!

God bless :)

Liz Mays said...

That's a heck of a birthday present! You're one lucky lady!

Kim said...

That is pure awesome!! I can't wait to see what you sew up...congratulations!!!