Friday, April 2, 2010

Daycare and Easter…

100_1525

This is my crew. My little ones, my life, my joy, my reason to do the best I can with what I have. I love these guys so much and am so lucky that their parents believe in me and trust me with their most prized possessions.  They are an extension of my body. And they love me always. It’s a great life, it really is.

100_1526   100_1528

Spring is coming, our trees are budding, blooming and the birds are coming back. I love these little fuzzy things on the poplar tree. They feel so soft, sorta like a pussy willow but longer. So cool.

100_1534 100_1529 

 100_1530100_1531

We decorated eggs today. They had a blast and then when they were done we made these butterflies out of the dye and paper towels. I hate throwing away all the dye so just went a bit further.

100_1547

When the littlest ones were resting or napping the girls and I made these. They are sock bunnies. A bit weird looking but the kids loved them and the girls had fun making them.

100_1536 100_1540

So that was our day. Daycare started at 6:45 AM and ended at 9:00 PM. I am pooped and more then ready to hit the hay, at least very soon.

The kids learned a few important facts today. Christ was crucified at 3:00 PM. The Easter bunny came to life in the 1600’s and he was first known as the Spring Bunny. He was a non-Christian observed holiday and then later on the non-Christians became Christians and that’s how the Spring Bunny met Easter. I’m not to sure about this fact but we did Google it and that what we came up with.

So my dear friends, take care and have a blessed Easter. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this fact you googled- interesting!

The sock bunnies look lovely! You know what? Yur art cum craft cum home decor cum education class with the day-care kids is the bestest they can ever find! You are such a selfless, giving person. I love it!

God bless you Julie!

I so look forward to Easter stories from you. I'm absorbing all of the facts you're presenting here. Totally. Thank You!

You sleep well, love. Good night!

Jodi said...

Awww the kids are adorable. It is so nice you do those activities with them.

The sock bunnies are my favorite. They turned out SO nice!!!

HAPPY EASTER MY FRIEND!! God bless you always!

Wanda said...

Looks like you guys had great fun. Discovered you via Arlee.

Unknown said...

i love sock and towel bunnies so cute.