Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Baby chicks and …..

 100_1727 100_1729    

100_1733   100_1730

This year we only brought home 29 chicks (well 30 but one didn’t make it all the way home). I am hoping my chickens and ducks will lay on some eggs. The chicks were expensive this year, at least $2.39 or so each plus with feed up at least $2.00 a bag from last year this was about all we could muster up. The kids love the baby chicks as you can see and the chicks are pretty relaxed around the kids since there’s really no choice for them. That’s good though because we feed the big chickens by hand and they come a running each time we are out and about.

 

Do you remember this?

This is the ring my mama bought me last May. We’ll in the 9 months I owned that ring I lost the pearl 4 times and kept having to send it back for repairs. Well the last time they offered to buy it out and as much as I wanted THAT ring, it just wasn’t meant to be so today mama and I went over to pick up the next ring we picked out together. Now all my life I have wanted a pearl with diamonds on each side but we couldn’t find that so we got this one instead. What do you think?

100_1769

100_1761

Someday we’ll find another pearl and diamond ring but this one mama helped me pick out is just as special and just as beautiful. It’s has 5 sapphires and wee diamonds around it and it’s just beautiful. It’s also gold like my wedding ring so perfect to boot.

I know it’s two posts in one day but I didn’t want to forget to share and with a busy day planned tomorrow and my birthday on Friday I wasn’t sure if I’d be back before Saturday or not. I’m heading out of town on Friday to spend my birthday with my parents, son and my mom’s sister and family in Minneapolis. It’ll be a great day and I am so looking forward to see Daryle and Pat. We just don’t get to visit with them as often as I’d like so we have to really enjoy the time we do get there.

So take care my friends and have a wonderful and blessed afternoon.

1 comment:

Mom vs. the boys said...

wow, that is so great! so fun to get gifts in the mail!