Thursday, April 29, 2010

Isn’t he cute?

100_1799

This little guy is a wood pecker and he’s only a couple of feet from me while I was eating dinner last night. I think he spent more time watching me then eating his own dinner. He didn’t even get scared when Mike got up to get the camera to take his picture. I so love feeding the birds.

Today I made a super moist banana bread. I have been on a quest for a long time to make a moist and healthy banana bread and today I think I did it. See how yummy it looks…

100_1811

I made a cake, mini muffins and the two loaves. If you want the recipe go Here... I posted it on my other blog and figured you guys didn’t want to read it twice.

It’s a rainy chilly day here today. No complaints because they say we need the rain. Now things will green up even faster and prettier. This time of year is so wonderful. After all that white then brown and dead spring is so nice.

Yesterday I addressed all of Mike’s graduation announcements and open house invites and got them ready to go. Graduation is fast approaching so figured a bit here and there so when the time comes we won’t have to race around like chickens with our heads cut off. Sally will be coming and I’m so excited about that. She’s flying out here from New York to just be with us for Mike’s graduation. Can you believe that, she’s spending an arm and a leg to come be with us. We are so lucky.

Do you guys know Sally? I know I’ve chatted a bit about her here and there. I met Sally about 10 years ago on a daycare forum because I had just started my home based daycare and she was so smart and was so willing to help me get things together. Through the years we have developed such a fantastic friendship, it’s truly is amazing. What’s even better, Sally’s son Alex was in Iraq and Mike became one of his biggest supporters here in the states. Mike would write to him, e-mail him, send him goodies and when Alex had the time he’d write Mike back. When Mike had his Eagle Court of Honor Alex wrote Mike the nicest letter about how proud he was of him. Mike wrote Alex a poem about being a soldier and it was printed up in our local paper with a picture of Alex. To get to see Sally after all these years is going to be the experience of a life time. And to have her here when Mike’s graduates, well it’s wonderful. I have got some plans for when she’s here. We are going to have a girls day/night out, she’s going to be here for Mike’s Graduation Open House and will get to meet my whole family and then her and I are going to have a day to just be together. I’d like to take her all around my home towns to sight see and share what we have. Being I’m from tiny towns and she’s from huge towns I bet it’ll be really different for her. I can’t wait, I just can’t wait to share my Sally with everyone else. I promise to take tons of pictures to share with you guys too. This internet, blogging, meet and greets, well it is one of life's great pleasures.

So my friends, that is that for today. I hope you all are having the most wonderful day. Take care and God Bless!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is so so cool! It made my heart beat faster! Happy preparing-for-graduation! Love the sound of Sally :)

p.s. cannot go without commenting on the food. You know how much i LOVE food, don't you? I wish i could eat up my screen! yummmm!