Good morning and Happy Monday. Best to look at Monday that way then, yuck it’s Monday…hip-hip hurray (sadly written). It’s Monday, the sun is shining, I am wearing shorts because it’s suppose to get into the 70’s today (right now, it’s 45* and it was 35* when I got up), I have my two wee ones today and we are going to plant hanging planters. Yesterday Jim and I went on the hunt for pretty hanging planters. The yucky dried out or frozen ones were $8-15.00 a piece and the pretty full ones were $25-40.00 a piece. Since I had a budget of $50.00 for 5 hanging baskets I didn’t do any of them. Instead we bought hanging baskets at Wal-mart and flowers from Great River Gardens. I did end up spending $65.00 but Jim pitched in the extra so it’ll all be good in the end. I’ll share some pictures when I get them done.
But the reason for today’s early post, Two Blog Awards. Thank you guys so much. The first one came on May 11th from Angie She’s such a sweet heart and has the neatest healthy living blog. You have to stop by and chitter chatter with her. I couldn’t get the picture to come up for this award but it’s called the Versatile Blogger Award.
My second award came yesterday from At Mom vs the Boys. She is so funny, so sweet and … well she’s another one you are just going to have to go check out.
I’m going to combine the two rules into one post, I hope that’s okay but if not…sorry gonna do it anyways.
So for one I need to list 7 things about me, something you guys already don’t know. Hummm, that’s not to easy since I pretty much share it all. But here it goes…
1. I have never, ever had a guest at my house that has stayed over (kids don’t count). Sally, my friend from New York is coming for Mike’s graduation and to meet my family and spend time with me, is coming and I am worried I will screw up. I won’t have what a guest needs, I won’t feed her right, I will either make her bored silly or have to much planned we don’t get time to just sit and visit. I’m worried that when Sally is here I’ll make someone else upset because I’m spending all my time with her and they’ll feel left out. I’m just plain worried but in the end I know it’ll all be fine but still…hard not to make sure I get it right.
2. I hate the dentist. I need to go really bad but am so scared to go. It’s been over 15 years since I’ve had my teeth cleaned. I know but when I do go they say I have great teeth with no build up and stuff. I get so scared going to the dentist I throw up, I get a migraine, I have nightmares. Still, I need to go one of these days soon, I know that.
3. I hate my hands. They are getting old looking way to fast. When I sit here and type I can see the age in them.
4. I hate my cell phone. It’s a means to an end but I hate it. Well I love my cell phone but I hate it too. I love being able to be safe and sound while out and about but I hate that it seems to ring when I’m the most busiest but I would hate for it to never ring either because they I’d have no one to talk to but wee ones all day. Love/hate I guess.
5. I get jealous when my two my friends get along better then they do with me. Oh I love that they love each other and have such a great friendship. But I knew them first and that green eyed monster comes out once in awhile when one will say we did this or we did that and no one wanted me around. Three is a crowd, I know this but it’s still hard.
6. I love chicken skin. It’s the best part of the chicken and yes, I know it’s horrible for me but I LOVE IT!!!
7. I’m addicted to your comments, your blogs, your advice, your friendship, your kindness. Everything there is about blog land!!
So there you have it, some deep things, some stupid things, some every day things. The next part of the blog award is I’m to share these awards with 5-15 other people. I’m going to pick the 5 because it’s just to hard to pick out 15. I’m going to pick the 5 from my most recent comments because, well hey I said I’m addicted to comments and your blogs. So here they are….
3. Sushmita Jha
I am posting this on both my blogs because I got one from one and one from the other but since they are both me, well I’m sharing.
I hope you all have the most greatest, blessed day possible. It’s a new week, new challenges, new ideas and new things to love. This is the day the Lord has made, lets us rejoice and be glad in it. I’m going too, how about you?