Thursday, May 13, 2010

Pictures…

From our house to Jason's

This is a picture of pictures from my house on the far right to my cousins on the far left. I’m not to thrilled with the size of the picture to share with you but it is 5 pictures put together. But you get the idea when I say we are county neighbors. There’s us (all the white things are our homes), my parents, across the lake my grandparents, my uncles and then my cousins. Between the 5 of us we own about 250 acres. I took these pictures from the second 40 acres.

Daddy and I took a walk today, in the rain. It all started out with I went out to do chores and fell down in the mud. So I was wet from chores, muddy from falling so figured it was a great time to just stay out and take some pictures. You’ll see a bunch I took shortly. Daddy and I walked about 5 miles total and Wilbur came with and I bet he walked/ran at least 10 miles because he’d run away, bark and chase something and then come back and check in and off he’d go again. Anyways daddy and I had a great time. I don’t know of too many daughter and dads that will go for a walk together come rain or shine, winter or summer, –30* or 80*. It’s good for us both physically and mentally and so good for our relationship.

We have had almost 5” of rain in the past two weeks so our pond and lake is up. But it has helped green everything up or most everything. We have lots of trees that are still working on budding out and the swamps aren’t green yet but everything is getting there. So here’s a few of the pictures I took.

100_1930 100_1932

100_1934 100_1945

 100_1946 100_1966

 100_1956 100_1961

 100_1949 100_1974

                               100_1963

In the order they are, there’s our pond, rain on the pine needles, apple blossoms, more rain on needles, Trillium wild flower, our pond from down by it, my dad’s lake, Wilbur on daddy’s dock on his lake, Wilbur looking up the creek into daddy’s lake, a beaver dam on the other end of daddy’s lake and our flag with a couple rows of trees. I love green, I love spring and up coming summer. I love my walks with my daddy. Oh how I love this life of mine.

I hope you all have a great evening. Tomorrow is TGIF and also Friday Follow and New Friend Friday. Remember to stop by and sign up to meet and greet some new people. I’ll be there. Take care and God Bless!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your line, "Oh how i love this life of mine"!!!

The 5 pictures you said you put together have been put together incredibly well! Very cool.

Love the reflection in the pond.

I don't go for walks anymore, but mum and dad do. I make my dad watch tv with me, he sleeps, i pinch him to stay awake. How nice am i? But i get pecked on my cheek several several times a day by him, just like that :) I love that i'll always be little for mum and dad.

Julie said...

Happy birthday Mumbia. I hope you have a great one. Take care and have a blessed day. Be sure to take the time to do something you really want to and enjoy your day. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Teresa said...

Just stopped by from from Friday Follow! I love your pictures! Would love if you stopped by my two blogs, Single Mom and Teenaged Girl and Society of Socialpreneurs! On Society of Socialpreneurs, we have a blog directory that you can add your blog to and if you have a twitter or Facebook link, you can link it up also! Would love to see you stop by!

♥Jennette♥ said...

Hello I am following from follow friday and wanted to say hello! Stop by and follow me if you like:)
Jennette
http://www.smartandtrendymoms.com/

Robin @ Blommi said...

Great shots.
Now following your blog, from FF. Have a wonderful day :)

http://blommi.com

furygirl3132 said...

Love your pictures, thanks for sharing! I am a new follower from Friday Follow, so glad to have found your blog. Hoe you have a wonderful weekend!

Eloise
Mommy2TwoGirls
http://mommy2twogirls.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Wow, Julie, you are so blessed. I'm so happy for you! Thank you for sharing your life in pictures with us. Happy Friday Follow.

Lynn

JuiceyMe said...

You have so much beauty around you! I love the outdoors. Eventually we plan to sell our house in Fl and move to SC. We are just waiting for the kids to graduate because we don't want to uproot them from their school and friends. We live on the outskirts of the main city and off a main road. (yuck)

I really enjoy your photos. Keep them coming!