Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I’m brain dead….

Since I really wanted to post something today and I just really couldn’t think of anything super grand other then I’m off for the first time in a long time with no kids, no where I have to go, nothing pressing I have to do other then I’m going to sew today (I think make a tote, just because). I was visiting Jennifer and she was participating in Random Dozen by Linda and it’s just a dozen questions you answer and then link up with your answers. So today will be my fist time ever to do something like this. Might be interesting to do it and see what others have to say too. So here it goes.

1. Please share one memory of your high school graduation. My daddy didn’t make it to my graduation. He was working away and couldn’t make it but to this day I still have hurt feelings about it.

2. What is one "emergency use" item you keep in your vehicle at all times? A flashlight.

3. In your region, do you celebrate graduation open houses? Addendum: (If so,) how many open houses/bridal showers/weddings are on your upcoming events calendar?  Yes, we have open houses, in fact this year is Mike’s graduation open house. We are also attending at least 7 other open houses in the month of June.

4. Tell me one truth you believe about motherhood. Kids do not stay little long enough. They grow up way to fast.

5. What was the last thing you broke? A baking dish from the cupboard. Tried pulling out just one and got three, one didn’t make it.

6. On average, how many pieces of junk mail do you receive daily? Only a couple.

7. Do you like to shop by catalog?  I love going though the catalogs. I will mark them, even sometimes fill out an order form but almost never send them in.

8. Is lawn maintenance at your house a "his job," a "her job" or "his/her job" or "that's why we have teenagers" job? It use to be all mine, then Mike grew up and he helped. Now this year it’s been all three of us, YEAH!!!

9. Which room would you like to redecorate in your home? Oh how I wish I could do our bedroom. It’ll probably never get done, just so much “stuff” in there but it would be wonderful.

10. Do you read a newspaper regularly, or do you read most of your news on line? I read our local paper each Wednesday otherwise all other news on-line.

11. Do you believe everything happens for a reason? Oh yes, the Lord has plans for us and everything has a reason, sometimes we just have to figure out what.

12. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things? I think mostly doing things right though I know I worry about doing what’s right also. Sorta wishy washy on that one, sorry.

So there you have my answers. What to join in, head on over to Linda's and have fun. Take care my friends and have the most wonderful blessed Wednesday possible.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

#2 - ROCK SALT. It has saved us from at least one blizzard disaster so it's replenished whenever necessary.

Survivormama said...

Hey Julie, how are you doing these days? Sounds like you have a little vacation today! Have fun making that tote, it sounds like a fun project!

Unknown said...

julie I have been so busy have not had time to check on you how are you? how are the kids in you school? what are you working on ?
just wanted to say hi

Julie said...

I think I've only done this once before, commented on my own blog. I wrote a letter to Nf1andprek-whisper and found out it's a no-reply blogger and she doesn't have a public blog. I wasn't sure how to answer her so I'm going to do it here. It's long so sorry about that guys but I wanted her to know I was trying. So here it goes....
Good afternoon. I think that seems to be the consensus today we are always just so busy it's hard to stay in touch with everyone. I do wish you had a blog I could visit and check up on you but it says private so I respect that.
Life here is always so busy but it's good. Never a dull moment, in fact as you read I needed a break. Mike is doing fantastic and so ready for school to be over with. He's ready for graduation and his open house. Then his life will really begin. He's going to go to school part time this coming fall for math and his electivies and then the following fall for full time welding. After he's done with that then it's construction school. In-between that he'll work for his grandfather and father in the family business. Me I'm doing my daycare and praying for another family because after next summer if no one shows up I'll be done, I can't survive on one family but I'm praying that the Lord will provide.
Today I am sewing a tote. A special tote with my favorite colors. Sage. I'm going to make it reversible with extra long handles to carry it on my shoulder. I really don't need a new tote but I needed a project and this seemed just wanted I wanted to do. I needed me time today so that's what I'm doing. We all get that way and I have a habit of waiting until I hate everything and am depressed before I take that time. Well last night I felt it was way past time so since today was my day off (tomorrow too but no one knows that yet) I told everyone I needed to stay home. No taking someone here or there, no visiting the elderly, no shopping, no laying carpet (I was suppose to do that but maybe that will be tomorrows job), just nothing but a quiet house. No TV, no music, nothing. I am loving it and oh so needing it.
Thank you for stopping by and asking how things are going. How about you, how are you doing? What's new in your life? Tag it your, time to tell me your tales.
Take care my dear and do have a great and blessed afternoon.
Julie

Mom vs. the boys said...

I don't think I have ever been to an open house, it's just not common around here. interesting to hear that you do this kind of thing.

Anonymous said...

I loved the length of your comment up here! I think you should do it more often. I like to reply to each comment i get right there. The communication is perfect!

Don't be cross about your Daddy not making it to graduation. I never had a graduation ceremony in the medical college i went to. How about that? Oh but i guess it was better that way considering how bitter i get thinking of that place!

Everything happens for a reason. I so agree. Hugs to you Julie! Do more of such posts!

Julie said...

I was never cross with daddy, just hurt. And really it wasn't his fault but it's still a feeling that's there.
So you like me commenting to your comments. I never thought about doing it except a couple of times. I usually just answer the person if they have an e-mail address but since some don't I think I'll do what you suggested.
Take care my friend. God Bless!

Anonymous said...

Aha! I get special treatment here! Just the right birthday gift for me! Thank you! I feel heard and SPECIAL! :)