Friday, May 21, 2010

First time for everything….and New Friend Friday…

Last night while the guys worked on the lawn mowers

100_2068

I used the plasma cutter and cut out a flower. It’s the first time I’ve ever used it and I think it’ll be taking lots of practice but here’s what it turned out like. I cut it out, filed the edges, primed it and painted it. I just used a piece of scrap metal so it already had lots of “texture” on it but a start.

  100_2074

I also finished up planting all the boots. For the past 3 years or so I’ve been collecting little rubber boots and for a while each pair has been worn by one of my little ones but now they are all too small so I decided to use them for this.

100_2070  100_2072

Kim wanted to see what my planters on the porch looks like so here’s that picture. It’s hard to show them because they are spaced a bit apart. But here they are anyways.

100_2069

So my friends that has been the most part of my week. Today we are going to the farm. Terri is going to trim my hair for me and the boys will take the kids and see all the animals. I so love that Terri’s boys are so good with my wee ones. They so love following Winchester and Remington around.

Today is New Friend Friday. I better go see who’s new to meet and greet and learn some cool and interesting things. Did you know that there is someone out there for everyone? Did you know that if you cook, clean, sew, craft, work, don’t work, are a SAHM, WSAHM, dad, grandma and grandpa there is someone out there like you or has something you just might interests you. It is so cool. There are people from all states and countries. There are some so smart you wonder how in the world they got that way, there’s some like me that live day to day and just do the best they can, there’s some that really need your prayers and love. Go check them out. Click on the button on the right side and it’ll take you just where you need to go to add your link and meet and greet.

Take care and have a blessed day today.

10 comments:

Survivormama said...

I love those boot pots...such a great idea, thanks julie for sharing!

Unknown said...

Happy new friend Friday!
Following your blog, come follow mine.
A plus,
Frenchy

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, crafting with tin? The flower looks great and the planter boots are precious. Don't the kids grow up so fast? I also like how your have your favorite blogs listed here for us all to visit which I plan on doing for a few. But I'm here from the Friday blog hop and your newest follower.

Hope you come visit my blog and follow me too! Can' have too many blog buddies I always say. Smile.

http://hauplight.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I love that flower! It stole my heart, in my sincerity!

happy Haircut! :)

Remodelaholic said...

Just stopping in and looking around from Follow Friday! And just became your newest follower! Yea! Hope you stop by and return the favor!

My blog www.remodelaholic.com is all about interior design and remodeling there are some great tutorials so you can get the look you want on a budget! We also have a party every Friday to show off your stuff! And Sunday for Recipes links.

JuiceyMe said...

The boot planters are too cute! (uhm what is a plasma cutter..?) Your flower came out really good. You could sell those ya know ;-)

Your porch looks so comfy, I just want to kick back on it and relax...

Hugs, Im catching up on your blogs :-)

Julie said...

A plamsa cutter is a machine that uses air and electricity to cut metal. It's looks a little like a wire feed welder but the tip is different. I can take a picture the next time I'm using it. Jim brought me home more metal to work with. He likes me learning to use his stuff. I love the wire feed welder but not mo much the stick welder (just haven't gotten the hang of that yet).
Take care and have a great weekend. God Bless!!

Anonymous said...

Julie, i tried finding your e-mail but couldn't get through to it for some strange reason. So, i am replying right here. (mine is wings2fly_86@yahoo.com)

YOU are SO SO SO adorable to even think of sending me that beautiful flower you made with so much effort, it shows! I know it is a first of many to come but i want you to hold on to it till the others get made.

Also, i stay ACROSS the world. I don't want you to spend as heavily as you'd have to, on the shipping charges- i haven't earned till date, so the thought of not being able to repay you just yet would churn my insides!

BUT, i'll tell you what. HOLD ON to it for me. Someday, when i finish my exams and get to be where you are, i am going to grab it right out of your hands for all it's cuteness and say to you, "It's mine!"

You are such a kind-hearted girl Julie. You amaze me!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, you got a lot down. Your first plasma cut looks great. I wish I could be more hands on like you. Will you teach me?

Lynn

Java said...

Hi Julie!!

I added this blog to the list as well!!

You are sooooooo talented!!! :)