Friday, March 12, 2010

Quicky...

The kids broke my heart today and it really wasn't even their faults, well sorta anyways. They were so naughty that no matter what I said they did the opposite. I finally had a screaming fit, sent them all outside to sit on the porch and work it out. They made me cry and I know why, my period is coming and no matter what I did to not cry it just didn't work so I cried, I let them see me cry and blamed it all on them. Told them they hurt my feelings and it made me sad. Boy I think you could of pushed them all over with a feather when I said that. Then I went inside and ignored them all sitting on the porch with no coats, no shoes just thinking. A short time later, maybe 4 minutes or so the door opens a crack and a little voice is heard..."I'm sorry Julie, I love you". It was Justin. That did it, I went back outside made them promise to please be good and we started our party for Rachel's birthday. After all was said and done it was a pretty good day here. Rachel got a necklace and bracelet with agates from me plus that box I had made for her. Anton brought her a bunny he got last night and the coolest letter card he wrote all by himself and Jon made her a triangle with a guitar pick on it (he knows she like to play guitar). She got her angel food cake with lots of fudge frosting and lots and lots of love, that is after my melt down.
Here's "my" Rachel and me....I sure do love her.

5 comments:

starnes family said...

Sweet picture and story to go with it. Happy weekend!

Angela said...

aww we all have those days. Glad the party was fun!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about the emotional outburst, but i'm sure you feel great now. You sound better!

Happy Birthday Rachel :)

She got the box! Lucky girl! (You actually parted with it?) I love jewelery- i'm jealous. Of that little kid!

You look VERY BEAUTIFUL in that picture- i love your smile!

Kim said...

Awww, why didn't you call? I'm glad it all worked out ok - I hope today is going much, much better. :) Take care!

Kim said...

Awww, why didn't you call? I'm glad it all worked out ok - I hope today is going much, much better. :) Take care!