Monday, March 1, 2010

Worry….it’s not what it’s all cracked up to be…

So it’s the beginning of the month. All those new bills are starting to roll in, business has been so slow and it takes money to pay people. You’ve trimmed just about every single corner you can, you’re eating more from the freezer then you ever have, there’s no going out or very little and you’re making it but just barely and you’re wondering how long can this last. If you have to clip one more coupon you’ll scream. Well my friends, we all know it can go on for a long time. But we’ll pull though, we’ll make it….one way or another we will.

Today I got my devotional from Pastor Allen from God’s Minute and it was so fitting for now. A long time ago I gave my life to the Lord, I gave my business to him the year I opened it, my family is his but every once in awhile it’s hard not to worry, not to get upset, not to take it back when you know he’s doing all he can to help you. Today’s message was sent right to me, just in the nick of time for me to remember he will take care of us. Here’s the message I’m going to share with you….

   Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  ( Philippians 4:6 *NIV)

Wouldn't it be wonderful not to have any worries at all!  That is hard to imagine isn't it, for it seems like worry is part of this life. The part of life that causes us to lose sleep, damages our health, controls our thoughts, and causes us to lose faith in our Heavenly Father.

     Jesus Christ asks us; Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? (Matthew 6:27).

The answer is simple, no one!  

     Jesus also said; Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. ( Matthew 6:34 )   

So why not turn your worries into prayers, after all God promises to supply all of our needs anyway!  After all;

     Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? ( Matthew 6:26 )

There is also an added benefit when we turn our worries into prayers, for God also promises that;

     When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.  ( Proverbs 3:24 )

Therefore, always turn your worries into prayers and you will have sweet dreams, instead of sleepless nights!  Then at
night you may count your blessings instead of sheep!   Amen.


I worry, just like everyone but I pray a lot and it helps. He listens and though he only answers prayers the way he sees fit they seem to be just the things that we need to survive, to be happy, healthy and taken care of. It’s hard but give him a try.

Take care my friends, remember to trust in the Lord, he’s there for everyone. God Bless!!

5 comments:

starnes family said...

I love going to prayer to ward off worry. Wish I was better at it.

BNM said...

Thank you very very much for posting this.. I have spent most the night with my stomach in knots from worrying.. I did pray last night before I finally went to sleep, and then when I read this it all fits. Thank you again.

Kim said...

AMEN!!

Katrina said...

My husband was laid off 6 months ago and this was the exact reminder I needed. Beautiful post. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Thanks for that wonderful reminder. I guess it does a great job of fitting well for all of us!

Thanks for posting here- LOVED IT.

p.s. i realize how i haven't been praying much. I'm beginning again.